Hi friends, in today’s article we are going to know about the concept of unemployment and also know the different types of unemployment in India. So let’s discuss in details.
What is Unemployment?
Unemployment is a situation where a person is seeking job for wages, but is unable to fixed any job suited to this capacity. In other words, it is defined as that situation as where person’s do not fine any meaningful job in spite of his willingness and capacity to work.
Different Types of Unemployment in India
Depending on the nature of unemployment it can be divided into two important forms which are given as follows –
(i) Rural Unemployment – The number of persons who are unemployed in the rural areas of the country is known as rural unemployment. It is of two types which are seasonal unemployment and distinguished unemployment.
The number of unemployed persons due to lack of multiple cropping system and subsidiary occupation in agriculture sector is known as seasonal unemployment.
On the other hand, if there are excess number of workers who are working in agriculture sector despite of its availability is known as disguised unemployment.
(ii) Urban Unemployment – The number of unemployed persons who are observed in urban area of the country is known as urban unemployment. Such type of unemployment has two important aspects which are industrial unemployment and educated unemployment.
The number of persons who are unemployed irrespective of the shiftation from rural to urban industrial areas for seeking employment are known as industrial unemployment.
On the other hand, those persons which are unemployed in urban areas o the country due to lack of vocational and technical education are known as educated unemployment.
Magnitude of Unemployment in India
The problem of unemployment in India can rightly be assisted only in light of its magnitude. Through various estimates are developed, but most popularly the National sample survey organization developed three concept which provide the magnitude of unemployment. These estimates are –
• Usual status Unemployment – This concept is used to measure the usual activity status employed. It is determined with reference to a longer period than a day or a week.
• Weekly status Unemployment – This concept is used to measure the activity status which is determined with reference to a period of proceeding 7 days. If a person fails to work any productive wage during the reference period, then that person regards an unemployed.
• Daily status Unemployment – This concept is used to measure the activity status of a person for each day of the proceeding 7 days. If the person works 4 hours or more during a day, he considers as employed for the whole day.
On the basis of these three concepts unemployment is measured in India.
So friends, this was the concept and types of unemployment in India. Hope you get the full details about it and hope you like this article.
If you like this article, share it with your friends and turn on the website Bell icon, so don’t miss any articles in the near future. Because we are bringing you such helpful articles every day. If you have any doubt about this article, you can comment us. Thank You!
Read More Article
• Population Policy of India | India Population Policy
• Non Bank Financial Intermediaries | Bank and Non bank financial intermediaries