State Bank of India is such a bank of India that everyone trusts. State Bank of India is the most secure bank in India. Now the best part is the State Bank of India provides us with a zero-balance savings account opening facility. So friends, in this article, I will be explaining the entire process step by step on, how you can open sbi account online in the comfort of your home using video KYC and I will explain the entire process.
Table of Contents
How to Open SBI Account Online?
Friends, We can open 2 types of accounts in the State Bank of India. First is Insta Plus Savings Account and the second is Digital Savings Account. The Insta Plus savings account is zero balance and the digital savings account is also zero balance. But this Insta Plus savings account can be opened using video KYC and without visiting the branch.
The second one is Digital Savings Account. For this also, you have to apply online through the Yono app but it only generates a reference number which you have to go submit at the nearest branch which you select in the time of form fill up.
So, we are not going to open Digital savings account because we don’t want to go to the branch. We will open Insta Plus Savings Account.
How do we open Insta Plus Savings Account?
• So first, go to Playstore and download the SBI YONO App. After that, you have to open the yono app and you will be shown 2 options here. The first option is for existing SBI customers and the second is for new customers of SBI. So here we are opening a new account therefore, we have to select the second option- New To SBI.
• Then on the next page, we have to select the first option Open Savings Account. Then you will be shown 2 options on the next page. The first one is- Without Branch Visit and the second option is With Branch Visit.
• Now I told you at the starting of the article like this second option is- ‘With Branch Visit’ where you have to go to the nearest branch to open an account. So this is the Digital Savings Account that we are not going to open because we want to open SBI account online in our home using video KYC.
• So now, we will select the first option- Without Branch Visit because we want to open Insta Plus Savings Account. So here I will click on the first option, Without Branch Visit.
• Now on the next page, it is showing Insta Plus Savings Account. So we have to first click on this option and then click on Submit button.
• If you’ve already completed some steps, then you can click on the Resume Application option Otherwise, since I’m applying for the first time, I will click on the Start a New Application Then it is asking you on the next page to put in your employer details.
• So, we just have to click on the Next After that, you have to enter your mobile number and email ID on the next page. The mobile number and email ID you want to register with the bank. Then you simply have to click on the Submit option.
• Then on the next page, the OTP you received on your mobile number and email ID enter the 2 OTPs here, and then click on Submit below.
• Then on the next page, it is asking you to create a password, so make a strong password of your choice. Then select any security question provided in the list and type the answer below. So that if you ever forget your password, you can login using this security question.
• So after doing all this, you have to proceed to the next page. Then on the next page, it is showing you the FATCA declaration. So here you simply have to select the checkbox and then click on the Next option.
• Then on the next page, there are some personal details regarding terms and conditions, so just read it scroll down, select the checkbox, and then click on Next. Then on the next page, you have to enter your AADHAAR number After entering it, the mobile number linked with the AADHAAR number will receive an OTP for verification from the bank.
• You have to enter that OTP here, and then click on the Submit option below. Then you have to enter some personal details on the next page, like title then name, gender, then date of birth. Then click on the Next option.
• Then put in your address details on the next page state details, district details, and village details if applicable After putting in all this, you have to select the checkbox below, then click on Next. On the next page, it’s asking you for your correspondence address the address where the bank will deliver everything like welcome kit, passbook, ATM, etc.
• When you scroll down the page select all 3 checkboxes shown, then click on the Next option. Then on the next page, enter your PAN number. After that, click on the Next option. Then on the next page, your photo will be shown.
• You just have to click on Next below. Then on the next page, you have to select your educational qualifications. Then it is asking your marital status on the next page, select whichever is applicable. Then father’s name, mother’s name So you have to fill in all these additional details and then scroll down, Then you have to click on the Next option.
• Then on the next page, it is asking your occupation details, then on the next page, it is asking for nominee details. Nominee simply means that if something happens to the account holder the bank gives all the money to the nominee.
• If your nominee is a minor, i.e., less than 18 years of age then you have to put in their guardian’s name here and put in the age of the guardian in the box. If the nominee is not minor then you can keep these boxes empty.
• Then on the next page, it is asking you to select the branch you want to choose as your home branch. So there are 2 options, either enter the branch code or you can select by putting the name of the branch.
• Then the Accept Terms & Conditions. Now on the next page, another OTP will be sent to your mobile number you have to put that OTP in, and then click on Next. Now on the next page, it is asking you the name you want on your debit card. So the name you used to open the account, enter the same name here. This name will print on your debit card.
• Now on the next page, a token number is generated Keep this token number safe. Then the process of video KYC will start. You can schedule video KYC. So if you schedule video KYC then you have to complete it within 3 days.
How to Generate SBI ATM PIN?
If you want to active sbi debit card PIN for your (State Bank of India) ATM card then you can follow these following steps –
• Locate the nearest SBI ATM and visit it.
• Insert your SBI ATM card into the card slot of the ATM machine.
• Choose your preferred language from the options provided on the ATM screen. Like – English, Hindi, Bengali, etc. Chose only one language on the ATM screen.
• Look for the option on the ATM screen that says “PIN Generation” or something similar. Select that option.
• Enter your bank account number using the keypad on the ATM machine.
• The ATM may ask you to verify your identity by entering your date of birth or any other required information associated with your account.
• After your identity is verified, you will be prompted to enter a new ATM PIN. Make sure to choose a unique and secure PIN that is not easily guessable.
• Enter the same PIN again to confirm it.
• Once you have successfully entered and confirmed your new PIN, you will receive a confirmation message on the ATM screen.
• Wait for the machine to dispense your ATM card and transaction receipt. Make sure to collect both before leaving the ATM.
Note : Remember to keep your ATM PIN confidential and do not share it with anyone.
How to Active SBI Debit Card using Net Banking?
• Visit the official website of SBI (www.onlinesbi.sbi/) and login to your internet or personal banking account using your username and password. If you don’t have an internet banking account then you may need to register for one.
• Once you are logged in state bank of india net banking, then navigate to the “e-Services” or “Services” section of the online personal banking portal. The exact name and location of this section may different, so you may need to explore the interface or refer to the website’s help/documentation.
• Look for an option related to ATM services or ATM PIN generation. It might be labeled as “ATM Card Services,” or “ATM PIN Generation,” or something similar. Click on that option.
• You may be prompted to verify your identity using additional authentication methods such as One-Time Password (OTP) (security question ) sent to your registered mobile number and enitre the OTP as shown your message box.
• Follow the on-screen instructions to select the ATM card for which you want to generate a PIN. Provide some additional details such as the card number, expiry date, and CVV code.
• Once the details are verified, you will be prompted to enter a new PIN for your SBI ATM card. Make sure to choose a strong and unique PIN.
• After entering and confirming your new PIN, submit the request. You may receive a confirmation message or notification indicating that your ATM PIN generation request has been successful.
How to change Mobile Number on SBI?
If you want to change your mobile number associated with your open sbi account online, you can follow the following steps –
• Go to the nearest sbi branch where you hold your SBI account. Make sure to carry your passbook, identification proof such as Aadhaar card, PAN card, passport,etc. and a recent passport-sized photograph.
• Then Collect the mobile number change/Correction request form. They will provide you with the necessary form. Fill in the required details accurately, including your account number, old mobile number, new mobile number and address.
• Attach the required documents like photocopies of your identification proof & address proof along with a recent passport-sized photograph.
• Submit the completed form and attached documents to the bank representative or the help desk. They will change your mobile number shortly.
So friends, this was the process that you can open sbi account online using video KYC. Hope you get the full details about it and hope you like this article.
If you like this article, share it with your friends and turn on the website bell icon, so don’t miss any articles in the near future. Because we are bringing you such helpful articles every day. If you have any doubt about this article, you can comment us. Thank You!
Read More Article